Internship: Renewable Energy Engineer in Latin America
Sun, 08 Jan 2017 06:43:37 GMT
MicroEnergy International (MEI) is an internationally active consulting company with headquarter in Berlin, Germany. MEI works with financial institutions, energy product & service providers, international development actors and with policy makers in order to set up sustainable clean energy finance schemes. In this framework, MEI takes care of the overall project management (from planning through implementation to evaluation), thereby designing, evaluating and optimizing energy products and services, and ensuring that financial instruments are tailored to the needs of the business sector and end-users. MEI finally strengthens its activities through scientific quality management, in partnership with research institutions worldwide, and offers a variety of training opportunities.
For more information, please visit our website at www.microenergy-international.com
MicroEnergy International offers a new internship position for a period of 3 to 6 months. This is a great opportunity to get first-hand experiences within the Technology and Energy Competence Centre. The new members can join as interns or as students working simultaneously on a related thesis. The projects require a cohesive team, and aims at combining microfinance and energy, in order to give access to clean and efficient energy solutions for microenterprises and low-income households.
Under the supervision of consultants of the company, the intern will have the following responsibilities:
- Participate in research activities for projects in Latin America. The research aims at evaluating the situation of the energy sector (demand and supply) in different countries, both in rural and urban areas.
- Develop and analyze results of ongoing and future market research for innovative financial products in the project countries
- Assist in the development of supply chain and RE-EE technologies studies and assessments
- Oversee data collection and usage analysis with the scope of identifying suitable clean energy solutions for economically challenged regions
- Give support to the team of consultants during the field missions
- Support and contribute to the overall organization of the missions in the project countries
- Contribute actively to the preparation, evaluation and drafting of the project reports
- Communicate actively with local stakeholders and partners in the project countries
- Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate programme, preferably with an obligatory internship as integral part of their study programme
- Education: strong technical skills, preferably Engineering degree or similar with focus on renewable and energy efficiency technologies
- General knowledge in economics is desired
- Self-starter with strong initiative
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in teams, plus brings strong intercultural skills
- Strong communication, organizational and reporting skills
- Proven analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent knowledge English and Spanish is a prerequisite. Other languages are a plus
As soon as possible
Please make sure to upload CV and Motivation letter.