Regional Sales Manager West & North Africa (m/f)
Sun, 01 Jan 2017 13:03:51 GMT
With more than 160 years of science and engineering knowledge, Corning Incorporated creates keystone components for high-technology systems in consumer electronics, mobile emissions control and life sciences. Our Optical Communications segment delivers connectivity to every edge of the network, from optical fiber, cable, hardware and equipment to fully-optimized optical solutions.
What we do is life changing. Our innovations help customers keep pace with the world’s insatiable demand for bandwidth, accelerating the delivery of information and keeping the world connected to the important people, places and things that enhance our lives.
To know more about Corning Optical Communications, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/cablesystems
Purpose of Position:
- Define, implement and execute regional sales strategy to increase Corning OC’s market share in North/West Africa and ensure long-term, sustainable growth.
- Build deep customer access in target markets and - verticals, predominantly with Pan-African operators (MTN, Airtel, Vodafone, Liquid Telecom, etc.), OEM customers (Huawei, ZTE, Nokia, Ericsson etc.) as well as in-country network operators and selected market verticals.
- Maintain, defend & grow current customer base (Algeria and Nigeria)
- Support the Sales Director MEA in any specifically assigned tasks across the entire MEA region; this may also include budgetable elements.
- Responsible for achieving budget targets for sales and sales OPEX
- Develop key account plans for selected customers in the region and create deep customer access.
- Support global key customers in West/North-Africa and co-ordinate with respective stakeholders
- Maintain, defend and increase cable, connectivity and wireless sales to ensure long-term market share growth
- Develop an opportunity pipeline for strategic initiatives for FTTH, ISP/CO/DC and Wireless opportunities in the region.
- Ensure adherance to Corning OC business processes and all other relevant policies and regulations
- Provide market intelligence and voice of customer to other functional departments to assist in defining and creating respective products, solutions, concepts and value propositions.
- Manage and enhance Corning’s channel partner network to support growth in region and increase Corning’s footprint in West/North Africa
- Support regional marketing and market-communication events
- Responsible for order-entry and revenue planning and long-term budget planning cycles
Experience Requirements / Skills / Additional Information
- Achieve sales targets according to budget for all product categories by means of intensive personal contacts with relevant decision makers of the targeted customer base
- Incease Corning’s current customer base.
- Focus on balanced market share growth (cable, connectivity and wireless) to ensure long-term, profitable growth
- Deliver growth objectives for key strategic initiatives FTTH, ISP/CO/DC and Wireless
- Position Corning OC with strategic accounts by signing and / or supporting global or specific supply agreements.
- Grow revenue with Corning’s channel partners
- Meet strategic objectives and key strategic objectives on regional scorecard
- Tight and regular opportunity management using SFDC and target account selling (TAS) tools as main means of the reporting / forecasting processes.
- Regular communication of important market information via call reports and weekly reports to the Sales Director
- Gather and provide competitive intelligence to respective stakeholders (PLM, market development etc.)
- Meet sales OPEX budget targets
- Presentations and trainings at customers’ locations
- Display the highest level of professionalism as a representative of Corning OC and adherance to all Corning values
- Develop multi-layer deep customer (technical, commercial and C-level) access to support regional growth objectives
- Support and Corning channel partners in Africa
- Bachelor’s degree minimum
- Appropriate experience in sales of telecom equipment to telecom operators in West & North Africa
- Well-founded technical knowledge of Carrier and Wireless network infrastructure
- Several years of professional sales force experience
- Relationship oriented
- Cultivated manners and diction, ability to interact on C-level
- Ability to work within a team for overall solutions
- Strong commitment, flexibility and drive
- High reliability and soft skills
- Enterpreneurial / Hunting attitude
- Fluent in English & French, other languages would be of advantage
- Ability to work effectively in a remote environment
- Travel might represent more than 50% of the time
- Ability to create vision and strategy & execute on strategy
- Deep understanding of African business and cultural environment
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your application to: Recruiting@corning.com