Wed, 04 Jan 2017 13:29:07 GMT
Zalando’s success also tells the story of our exceptional team and our efforts. We are always happy to welcome new colleagues who join us in creating the world’s best online fashion experience.
Thanks to our eCommerce expertise and can-do spirit we’ve become one of Europe’s most favorable online shopping destinations in only a few short years. Today, Zalando operates in 15 countries. The core of our business is to be cutting edge in each and every of our fundamental pillars: fashion, internet technology and logistics. Zalando SE, which is based in Berlin, operates the international business and takes care of our business development, comprising of management, marketing, IT and administration.
Become a member within a growing and highly visible team of professionals at Zalando building the M&A enterprise. Position yourself at one of the few crossroads of the European digital world and corporate deal-making. Support a young, ambitious, well-capitalised and high-growth enterprise to become the connector for fashion and people through the development and execution of external growth opportunities. Apply your previous transaction experiences to build the leading corporate digital M&A practice. Lead transactions independently and receive the opportunity to interact with the senior executives, leading industry experts and advisors both inside and outside of Zalando.
- You will work closely with business owners to understand product missions and to develop hypotheses for external growth
- You will evaluate and form opinions on partnerships, acquisitions, divestitures vis-à-vis alternatives; and effect decisions with relevant stakeholders in senior management
- It is your responsibility to develop strategic, operational and financial logic of respective undertakings
- You will support the business in shaping the integration hypothesis for the target
- You will structure and negotiate the transaction in relation to all commercially relevant elements
- Furthermore you will lead the deal process with internal and external stakeholders, including due diligence and post-deal integration plan
- You’ll develop best practices for Zalando M&A/investment processes
- Finally, you will establish and sustain an effective internal and external network
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- You must possess 3 years of previous experience in one or more of the following: Investment Banking, Corporate Development, Business Development, Strategy Consulting, Corporate Finance, Buy-Side (PE or VC) Investing
- You have basic understanding of post-merger integration processes
- You have excellent project management skills
- You have proven analytical skills and reliable business judgement
- You show confidence and ability to develop, structure and communicate strategic analyses and opinions
- You have an interest in the digital / Internet / Tech scene in Berlin and globally
- You will enjoy working with startups as well as larger companies
- You have full work proficiency in English; German language skills are of advantage
Our recipe for success: think big and act fast. Your work today will affect millions of customers tomorrow. At Zalando, you’ll have the chance to help develop the world’s best online fashion experience in a rapidly growing, international company!
WANT TO JOIN US?
- Zalando offers you a fast moving and agile working environment where you’ll never face boredom
- A highly motivated international team of colleagues who will both inspire and support you
- Training and further development opportunities to expand your skills and help you on your way
- Our corporate culture allows us to make judgments based on your work results, not on the way you look
- Attractive employee discounts in our online shop
Then we'd be more than happy to receive your application!
Any further queries? Please do not hesitate to contact us via email // Ingrid Leonhardt via: