Senior Big Data Engineer
Mon, 16 Jan 2017 06:45:13 GMT
Zalando is transforming from Europe’s leading e-commerce company into a multi-service platform for fashion. From logistics, to big brands, to manufactures - we’re building the platform that connects all people and parts of the fashion ecosystem.
As a senior Data Engineer at Zalando, you'll act as a connector between our data teams and the rest of our diverse engineering department. You will choose emerging technologies and approaches to create high-performance data processing solutions that scale. You will challenge our status quo and help us define best practices for how we work by designing data-intensive applications. Our data teams aim to solve the specific problems of a very data driven company that has already begun the journey to become a platform.
How you will set standards:
- Experienced with advanced skills in Python, Java or Scala and detailed knowledge of PostgreSQL, MySQL and/or Oracle.
- Ambitious in optimising and researching how Spark, Kafka, Hadoop (HDFS, Hive), Flink, Cassandra and other distributed systems can work together at scale. You come up with entirely new ideas to build world class data integration systems one step ahead of the industry.
- Motivated in making a positive impact on our engineering culture and encouraging knowledge sharing. You think big-picture, and constantly evaluate our work and processes to challenge us.
- Forward Thinking in your ability and interest in translating business requirements into technological visions, and reimagining data-processing technologies.
- Looking beyond current status quo and moving industry forward. Ready to critically review and present your ideas and the results of your work inside the company and to the broader international audience on conferences and meetups.
Based on our microservices architecture, you and your team will own your code, and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver as well as operate large-scale applications on PaaS/SaaS cloud (AWS and Google Cloud).
You and your team will consult and help our teams to develop, implement and maintain sustainable, high-performance, growth-ready data-processing and data integration systems.
You will join a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest standards when it comes to the quality of your code and implementation. You will add value by leveraging and setting new trends in software design, architecture and web services.
You will consult a wide range of product teams to build, scale and continuously improve a variety of products that create value for our platform.
What you can expect from us:
open source commitment
, trust and empowerment, Meetups, +170 self organized technical and fun guilds, product demos, Coderdojos, parties and events.
Competitive salary, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, public transport discounts, relocation assistance for internationals, free drinks and fruits, hardware of your choice.
Tour of Mastery
, extensive onboarding, personal branding support, technical trainings, opportunity to attend and speak at conferences.
Self-organized, autonomous teams and flexible working hours.
Want to join our tech team? Then go ahead and apply!
If you need guidance or have any questions about our hiring processes, please contact recruiter Taryn Bonugli firstname.lastname@example.org