Junior Product Developer - Modern Classic Menswear
Tue, 27 Dec 2016 17:59:44 GMT
Zalando’s success also tells the story of our exceptional team and our efforts. We are always happy to welcome new colleagues who join us in creating the world’s best online fashion experience.
zLabels is Zalando’s fashion subsidiary. Located in the heart of Berlin, we develop fashion brands handling every step in the product lifecycle from initial design right through to distribution. When designing for new labels we draw inspiration from haute couture collections and young unconventional designers. We have a wide range of fashion labels and brands: from sporty men’s fashion to refined women’s wear up to modern kids shoe collections. Some of our brands and labels like mint&berry, Zign and Twintip have become extremely successful during the last few years, establishing ourselves as a professional fashion company. We plan to continue and build upon this success in the future.
We look for someone who is passionate and interested in garment technology and product development, and wants to work for our exciting Modern Classic Menswear department. As our Junior Product Developer, you will manage the development of our products. To ensure that all products meet our quality, customers and business standards, you will do fit sessions, develop the fits with the patternmaker or supplier and be responsible for the approval process for each of our garments. The role requires someone who is highly organized, adaptable to change and above all eager to learn and understand more about the technical aspect of apparel.
- You will manage the items through the development process in all the stages from sampling to production, working together closely with the designer and buyer
- You will prepare the samples for the meetings and reviews, arrange and lead the fittings
- You will make technical packs and write the comments on the items.
- You will communicate closely with suppliers in Europe and Far East, manage and follow up the development and bulk processes
- You will process wash test reports and care label submissions across all categories, highlighting fails to garment
- You will log and track samples, regularly update the critical path to ensure all is on track within the department
- You will work closely with pattern maker when building new fits or updating old ones
- You will deal with administration and spreadsheets
- You will submit fabric, lab dip, wash, print, trim and label approvals/rejections to the suppliers
- You will approve shipment samples and analyze production issues
What You’ve Got
- You have gained 1-3 years of experience in product development / garment technology
- You have a thorough understanding of the fashion industry
- You already worked with suppliers abroad and have experience in communicating with them
- You hold a fashion or textile related degree
- You are able to work in a fast paced environment and to handle multiple tasks, maintaining high level of accuracy at all times
- You are self-motivated, enthusiastic and have a ‘can-do’ attitude
- You are proud of your Microsoft office and Adobe Illustrator skills
- You are an excellent communicator and you are always willing to help others in your team
- Your sewing skills could be an advantage, but are not necessary
- You communicate fluently in English. German or other languages would be advantageous
What You Can Expect
Ours is one of the most spectacularly successful stories in e-commerce. But we mostly prefer to concentrate on writing the next chapter. When you join us, you can not only expect to become part of an extraordinary and ambitious team, but a whole lot more:
- Boredom doesn't get a look in here! Zalando is a working environment where something new happens every day
- An international team of experts to inspire and support you
- Training and further development opportunities to expand your skills and help you on your way
- A corporate culture where your skills are judged only by your results – our motto: wear sneakers, not ties
- Attractive employee discounts in our online shop and a public transport ticket at a discount
- An easily accessible workplace right on the main arteries of the hottest Berlin districts
- A feel-good team: We don't just work well together, we also like to get together after work
Want to join us?
Then we'd be more than happy to receive your online application!
Any further queries? Please do not hesitate to contact Steffi via firstname.lastname@example.org ( email@example.com )!