International Head of PR
Thu, 29 Dec 2016 19:05:36 GMT
More and more air passengers are asking AirHelp for help when they experience flight disruptions. Because of that, AirHelp is growing rapidly.
We’re a Y Combinator backed company that is looking for a worldclass International Head of PR, who can lead our PR efforts in Berlin. For too long the air travel industry has been surrounded by red tape and bureaucracy, and we are looking for a smart, self-motivated, and enthusiastic individual to join us on the journey of helping consumers assert their legal rights.
What you’ll be doing
- Drive the development and execution of PR strategy
- Manage our European PR calendar, and make sure that we get coverage on an ongoing basis.
- Manage our International PR calendar to achieve coverage in the countries we operate in with the help of country managers.
- Identify trends and building stories that can be utilized for mentions or comments about AirHelp.
- Write compelling communications such as; press releases, blog posts, bylines, speaker proposals, story ideas/pitches and industry award submissions
- Develop relationships with key reporters
- Achieve ROI-driven press coverage for our products and reports in a diverse media landscape including business and consumer press
- Identify and source data and stats internally in the company that can be the basis of press coverage
- Provide input on social media strategy, in coordination with our Social Media team, to ensure programs additional success and reach
- Be a solid news/industry trends resource for key internal stakeholders
- Provide country managers with PR best practices and training.
- Coordinate PR activities in respective markets including available resources (with or without the support of a local Country Manager or/and PR agency) with relevant prioritisation of tasks
- Proven experience in tech/consumer public relations
- 3-5 years of proven experience in managing international teams
- Proven success in crafting creative communication, resulting in solid coverage and positive customer perceptions
- Experience working with media (TV, radio, press), bloggers and social influencers in both the tech, travel and business trades.
- A self-starter attitude with the ability to learn quickly and thrive under pressure in a fast paced, international and shifting environment
- Strong writing skills, with a flair for compelling prose
- Savviness with numbers: you know how to quantify the reach and efficiency of the coverage you work on and extract the right data points.
- Ability to work in a global, collaborative environment while also self-motivated to execute on projects and deliver results independently
- Demonstrated ability to be a creative, out-the-box thinker who wants to deliver a compelling message and tell interesting stories
- Focus on achieving results whatever it takes, rather than ‘I did what I could and it’s ok even if it didn’t work’ approach.
Join us and get ready for the ride of a lifetime!
- Languages: Native/Fluent English language and/or more than one key European language native/very advanced level preferred (German, French, Spanish, Italian).
- Location: Berlin