Tue, 20 Dec 2016 14:57:49 GMT
Contentful (https://www.contentful.com ( https://www.contentful.com/ )) is a content management developer platform that enables web and mobile developers to manage, integrate, and deliver digital content to any kind of device or service that can connect to an API - be it smart cars, VR, mobile, web, digital signage, or any new platform. We solve the complexities of content management for tens of thousands web and mobile developers, some independent and many working at enterprise customers that include Jack-in-the-box, Petsmart, Specialized, and Urban Outfitters.
We're a fun team of over 90 people from 34 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, backed by top VCs (Benchmark, Trinity, Balderton, Point Nine), growing at an amazing pace, and looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
You'll be working on a large, sophisticated single page application used by thousands of users to manage, create and edit their content in Contentful.
We target current evergreen browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, modern IE) to provide a highly interactive, smooth user experience inside the browser allowing users to perform complex tasks around content management.
The frontend application does not only communicate with a REST API but has a realtime connection to the server and other users for collaboratively editing documents.
As a frontend developer you will work on a complex, modular user interface where API design, application architecture and application state management are the main challenges. As a member of a cross functional teams you'll work side by side with backend and QA engineers gaining exposure to wide range of technologies and approaches that are not limited to frontend development but will give you a comprehensive grasp of the entire product.
- Experience writing stateful GUI applications and in general with logic heavy single page applications.
- Solid knowledge of at least one modern frontend framework (Angular.js, React & Flux…).
- Good knowledge of HTML, CSS, the DOM and browser APIs.
- A Computer Science background considered a plus.
- Knowledge of functional programming principles a plus.
- Excellent English communication skills, verbally and written (German not required).
- Join a real tech company that counts among its investor and advisors people like Adam Wiggins (Heroku) and Francesco Cesarini (Erlang Solutions).
- We offer education budget and extra days off to be spent on your self-development.
- Pick any tools you feel comfortable with. From hardware, to software, to your work environment, we've literally got your back.
- Enjoy the flexibility of time and place of your work.
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages.
- We fully support your move to Berlin or San Francisco with a relocation budget. We also get your back in terms of settling down in a new city.