Merchandise Planner - Men's Apparel
Fri, 13 Jan 2017 18:36:13 GMT
Zalando’s success also tells the story of our exceptional team and our efforts. We are always happy to welcome new colleagues who join us in creating the world’s best online fashion experience.
Our Category Management Team is passionate about fashion and lifestyle. We want customers to find the perfect fashion and lifestyle products for them, from shoes and clothing and accessories. Category Management’s task is to put together an on-trend and profitable selection of products. We love discovering new brands and products for the Zalando shops, but finding the right trends is only one aspect, as we also need to keep track of our KPIs and processes. Constant exchange with other departments like logistics, content and photo production, the onsite team and marketing ensures that we act in line with the whole organisation. In the end, we are all working towards the same goal: to create an excellent experience for our customers at Zalando.
Zalando wants mountaineers: become a part of our Berlin team and take charge of a role to climb up to the pinnacle of the online fashion world, to start immediately.
As Merchandise Planner - Men's Apparel you will be responsible for pre-season and in-season merchandising and planning with a focus on analytics, financial and inventory performance.
In this role you will be in charge of the pre-seasonal planning and in-season trading maximising opportunities and managing risk:
- You will compile and review historical pre- and post-season analysis to understand changing nature of the business and commercial environment
- You will liaise with our Country Merchandisers to understand country specific trends, initiatives and opportunities
- You will collaborate with Buyers in developing a category strategy for your commodity groups, brands and price clusters for a commercial and well balanced range, optimizing width and depth and tailoring it to specific market needs
- You will set-up and input the bottom-up pre-season sales plan in the MFP, taking key trends, campaigns, country plans and selling levers into account
- You will prepare planning schedules incorporating all key critical path dates and manage your workload accordingly
- You will contribute to assortment planning through flow plans and product quantifications
- Work with Buyers to develop a commercial and well balanced range, optimizing width and depth, tailoring it where appropriate to local needs
- Ensures planned stock levels in the business reflect the business needs and are in line with Unit requirements.
What You've Got
- You will control OTB for your category, assessing and improving the weekly assortment performance to maximize sales, gross margin and inventory turn, thus contributing to optimal in-season supply management and stock turn
- You will work closely with the pricing department, ensuring your category remains competitive whilst optimizing margin and stock turn
- You will update MFP weekly and keep control of OTB
- You will participate in monthly MFP reviews with the Cluster Merchandise Planning Lead
- You will coach and train Assistant Planners and Merchandise Admin Assistants
- You will report into the Cluster Merchandise Planning Lead
- You will support the further development of supply chain processes with internal and external partners as Controllers, Pricing, Supply Chain management experts and logistics providers
What You Can Expect
- Your excellent analytical skills put you top of the class and you love to work with numbers and figures
- Your interest for business and fashion topics is backed by at least 3-5 years of relevant experience in merchandise planning, preferably at a multi-national fashion-retailer
- You think strategically and thus contribute to further shaping the merchandise planning in Zalando
- You ideally have work experience in the dynamic and fast-paced processes of eCommerce
- You ideally are familiar and have worked with at least one merchandise planning software solution
- You learned your skills during a successful business university degree or a comparable qualification, having achieved at least a bachelor’s degree
- You think fast, work proactively and always keep on top of things even in a very dynamic and fast-paced environment
- You embrace change and proactively look for solutions in challenging situations
- You organize your workload efficiently, ensuring deliverables are ready on time, are accurate and you prioritize your tasks accordingly
- You take MS Office in your stride and you are an expert in Excel especially
- You can have excellent English skills, you communicate clearly with different stakeholders and possess confident negotiation skills
Ours is one of the most spectacularly successful stories in e-commerce. But we mostly prefer to concentrate on writing the next chapter. When you join us, you can not only expect to become part of an extraordinary and ambitious team, but a whole lot more:
Want To Join Us?
- Boredom doesn't get a look in here! Zalando is a working environment where something new happens every day
- An international team of experts to inspire and support you
- Training and further development opportunities to expand your skills and help you on your way
- A corporate culture where your skills are judged only by your results – our motto: Every Day is a Casual Friday
- The security of an expanding company with 11.000 employees and a company pension scheme
- Attractive employee discounts in our online shop and a public transport ticket at a discount
- An easily accessible workplace right on the main arteries of the hottest Berlin districts
- A feel-good team: We don't just work well together, we also like to get together after work
Then we'd be more than happy to receive your online application!
Any further queries? Please do not hesitate to contact Francisco via email@example.com