Telefónica NEXT: Solution Architect (m/w) in Berlin
Thu, 29 Dec 2016 11:37:31 GMT
Telefónica Germany Next
Who are we?
“We are here to make the world smarter"
We are an entrepreneurial spin-off of Telefonica Deutschland, driving innovation in the big data analytics and IoT - solutions space. We create consumer/data insights and use cutting edge technology to build solutions for our B2B partners to improve their business. We are truly passionate about combining consumer/data insights and digital technology to make our world smarter - for the benefit of our partners, their customers and a better life for all of us.
What we do?
We develop smart solutions for our B2B partners in multiple industries to help them better understand their customers and improve their propositions and operations. Our focus industries encompass e.g. media/advertising, retail, transportation, OEM's or smart cities. We also work with our partners to innovate their propositions, e.g leveraging new sensor technologies in the IoT space.
What’s it like at Telefonica Germany Next?
Working for Telefonica Germany Next means working in an agile startup environment. The big data and IOT solution space is full of possibilities and we are combining existing assets of Telefonica with new expertise and an entrepreneurial spirit to drive real innovation. Expect a dynamic, fast-paced, high-tech environment - with plenty of room for new ideas! If that excites you and you’d like to contribute to what we’re building here, we’d love to speak with you!
For our IOT platform geeny.io we are looking for a "Solution Architect (m/w)":
- Designs and leads the overall technological architecture of the product and guides project teams on technology strategy and hands-on implementation.
- Responsible for the technical design of the product and mentors and coaches the technical team, specifically with code reviews.
- Be hands on and engage in coding to help the team to develop his solution and solve all surfacing problems at hand, Identifies and removes technical impediments.
- Works with Product Manager to align the roadmap with strengths and opportunities within the technical stack.
- Constantly looking for better ways of solving technical problems and designing the solution, not afraid of challenging the status quo.
- Provides the team a roadmap for implementing software engineering practices for higher code quality.
- Shares responsibility with Product Owner for building reusable and scalable components.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant experience.
- As domain expertise you're seen as an expert within the technical components of the domains/ products/ journeys – a seasoned developer or technical lead with deep insight into underlying cloud platform development and DevOps.
- You can make architecture decisions at a team and product level and proved experience working on projects that span multiple organizations and business units.
- You have previously designed high-volume systems and have continuously evolved them through several years of operation.
- Have a deep unterstanding of the technologies that we use including Nodejs, functional JVM languages, AWS CloudFormation, Iam, IoT, Kinesis, Lambda, Api Gateway, Container service, Dynamodb along with stream & big data processing with tools like Apache Kafka, Storm, Spark. Pattern like event sourcing, CQRS and microservices should excite you.
- Agile/process experience with specific Solution Architect (or similar) experience is preferred and you understand the relationship with Product Owner, Scrum Master, and rest of technical team; finally you have proven experience in managing technical priorities within the backlog.
- Individually you bring strong communication skills with ability to align the organization on complex technical decisions and you proved to act as active coach and mentor whose goal is to grow and maximize the team’s potential
This position will be part of the Telefónica NEXT GmbH. Additional information on the new company can be found here: