Field Account Manager Service (m/w)
Sat, 14 Jan 2017 07:53:11 GMT
Req ID: 31841
A thriving environment for learning, innovation and growth
Why do so many people join MTS Systems Corporation and stay for a career? Because this is a place where you get to apply your creativity, work with smart people on fascinating projects, and make a positive impact on people’s lives. It is a place where you can learn, innovate and grow professionally.
Transforming what’s possible with cars, aircraft, bridges, wind turbines and space-age materials — this is work we dream about as kids. At MTS, it’s a rewarding career path for talented individuals who are willing to work hard, think hard, and commit to solving complex and critical challenges for our customers around the world, many of whom are leaders in their respective industries.
By joining MTS, you’ll have access to the latest tools and technologies, along with the support of colleagues who are passionate about their work. You’ll discover a dynamic culture of continuous improvement that extends to our people, one that offers numerous ways to expand your knowledge and advance your career. And because we are a global company, your work may also include world travel.
Our business is thriving. Our future is exciting. Your potential is unlimited.
FIELD ACCOUNT MANAGER Service (m/f)
Your New Role:
Your new territory will be Northern Germany and the Netherlands, ideally you are operating from Berlin/Brandenburg area.
You will generate sales of MTS service contracts and other services within the assigned territory/ region to achieve volume and profitability targets as well as work closely with Inside Account Managers, applications engineers, product sales, order services, and other sales support resources, as needed, to effectively pursue selling opportunities.
- Achieves annual sales targets by promoting sales of service products and maintaining effective customer relationships at assigned customer sites. Effectively sells all service products.
- Develops, and implements a customer contact plan. Records the plan and planned actions in a clear and timely manner into Salesforce.com(SFDC). The contact plan should contain prospecting and account penetration activities in addition to the annuity renewals and per call (reaction based) activities.
- Uses sales system techniques effectively to discover the client's needs, their decision-making process, budget and timing requirements on all pending opportunities.
- Works with application engineering to develop effective custom solutions when standard solutions will not meet the customer requirements. Performs risk analysis and front-end review requirements per existing guidelines. Describes both features and benefits of the offer in the quote.
- Creates effective and timely communications with customers through the blended use of face-to-face visits, phone, email and other techniques throughout the total sales process. Effectively communicates with staff internal to MTS resulting in a timely and efficient order entry process and an accurate and complete statement of work being communicated to service operations.
- Constructs and communicates quotes that contain a clear value proposition, which enables the customer to effectively evaluate our offer. Demonstrates use of communications skills, both written and verbal, that enable him/her to articulate our offer and differentiate the MTS offer from alternative solutions available to the customer.
- Accurately forecasts opportunity closure dates and projects monthly, quarterly and yearly sales volumes to sales management via the use of SFDC and other standard practices within MTS service sales.
- Works effectively as a member of the total sales team by accurately recording sales activities, key communications, and planned events in a timely manner within the sales management system.
- Monitors expenses for assigned department and maintains expenses within annual budget. Completes expense reporting in a timely and accurate manner.
- Supports marketing by providing updates on competitive landscape and market trends. Understands where competition exists and how competitors try to differentiate and win business from MTS. Provides support and feedback on programs that occasionally need direct sales insight.
- BS degree in engineering, technical or economic discipline
- technical background
- Key Account Management experience
- More than 5 years sales experience and proven experience in a similar position
- High customer orientation and communicative skills
- Ideally you have been working already in a material or durability test systems company
- Ability to use CRM-tools for monitoring, forecasting and reporting customer needs
- Thorough knowledge of testing technologies and test methodologies.
- Knowledge and ability to recommend modifications to test techniques.
- Highly developed persuasion skills.
- Capable of creating new opportunities.
- You already have developed strong relationships with key industry influencers in their territory.
- Capable of managing complex opportunities at major accounts.
- You can provide leadership skills
- Actively sells to all levels within the customers’ organization.
What we can offer
- Strong oral and written communications skills in German
- Fluent in German and English (written and spoken)
- Willingness to travel 50-70% of the time
- Must be prosess a valid driver’s license and able to obtain automobile/liability coverage
- The ability to respond promptly to inquiries and to identify correctly customer needs
- Problem solving and analytical business skills
- Willingness to travel domestically 30-70% of the time, depending on the assigned territory
- Must be process a valid driver’s license and able to obtain automobile/liability coverage
- Professional training provided
- Motivating work environment
- Exiting business field with interesting customers like Formula One and the biggest companies in the automotive and aerospace sectors
- Working together with highly qualified colleagues and innovative products in a modern office in a business park that can be reached easily by public transport and by car
- Cheerful multinational teams
- Company car
This is a full-time position. This position offers growth opportunity in a variety of areas.
MTS Systems Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability.
MTS Systems Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, marital status.