Buying Manager - Women's Modern Classics
Mon, 26 Dec 2016 06:49:48 GMT
Zalando’s success also tells the story of our exceptional team and our efforts. We are always happy to welcome new colleagues who join us in creating the world’s best online fashion experience.
Our Category Management Team is passionate about fashion and lifestyle. We want customers to find the perfect fashion and lifestyle products for them, from shoes and clothing and accessories. Category Management’s task is to put together an on-trend and profitable selection of products. We love discovering new brands and products for the Zalando shops, but finding the right trends is only one aspect, as we also need to keep track of our KPIs and processes. Constant exchange with other departments like logistics, content and photo production, the onsite team and marketing ensures that we act in line with the whole organisation. In the end, we are all working towards the same goal: to create an excellent experience for our customers at Zalando.
As a Buying Manager - Women's Modern Classics you will be responsible for creating a clearly defined department strategy and taking ownership of its execution. You plan and manage the brands and products within your customer segment and are responsible for your team of buyers and assistants. This is a full-time position starting as soon as possible in our Berlin Office in Friedrichshain.
- You will manage the performance of the Women's Modern Classics category, working cross functionally to drive sales and maximize profit through leading your team
- You know how to trade the department hard to hit key in-season KPIs, delivering profitable departments irrespective of fluctuating trends
- You will be a market expert within womenswear, with a European view of the latest trends
- You will drive the creative direction for your department, sourcing new brands and products, whilst negotiating the best terms for Zalando
- You will develop relationships with existing brands and partners, analyzing performance and making recommendations
- Partnering with the merchandise team you plan the budgets and OTB, monitoring and reviewing in season
- You will analyze trading patterns and react quickly to unplanned fluctuations
- You will guide your team on strategic concepts and measures that can advance your department as a whole
- You will identify promotional/marketing opportunities for your brands and align with the Trend/Marketing/Country teams
- You will lead and develop a strong team, identifying individual training needs and encouraging teamwork, with a focus on growing future talent
- You will be jointly responsible for recruiting new employees, carrying out interviews and making HR decisions within your team
- You will forge strong cross category and inter departmental relationships, supporting amongst others our zLabels and Partner Programme teams
What You've Got
- The role is familiar territory as you already have several years experience as a Buying Manager/Senior Buyer in multi-brand fashion buying, with a passion and flair for the product
- You have a proven track record in leading and developing a team and possess the ability to influence and motivate those around you
- You’re comfortable with numbers and interpreting data to make strategic decisions
- You get straight to the heart of important information
- You love keeping in close touch with colleagues and partners, and you stay cool, calm and collected even when the going gets tough
- Negotiation is in your blood, and you always cut a compelling figure when communicating with suppliers
- You are proactive, react quickly to changes and always keep the strategic goals in mind
- You've experience in managing large multi-brand departments, ideally for a department store or for a fashion eCommerce store
- You've excellent written and spoken English
What You Can Expect From Us
Our recipe for success:
think big and act fast. What you're doing today will affect millions of customers tomorrow. At Zalando, you have the chance to work on the world's best online fashion experience in a rapidly growing international company. What else? We do of course have a lot more to offer:
- Boredom doesn't get a look in here! Zalando is a working environment where something new happens every day
- An international team of experts to inspire and support you
- Coaching and training opportunities to bolster your potential and expand your career
- A corporate culture where your skills are judged only by your results – our motto: Every Day is a Casual Friday
- Colleagues who not only work well together, but also have lots of fun
- A lively working atmosphere where you can also show off your sporting prowess at table football
Want To Join Us?
Then we'd be more than happy to receive your online application!
Any further queries? Please do not hesitate to contact Francisco via firstname.lastname@example.org.