Commercial Planning & Strategy Manager Switzerland and Austria
Thu, 29 Dec 2016 07:12:54 GMT
Zalando’s success also tells the story of our exceptional team and our efforts. We are always happy to welcome new colleagues who join us in creating the world’s best online fashion experience.
Thanks to our eCommerce expertise and can-do spirit we’ve become one of Europe’s most favorable online shopping destinations in only a few short years. Today, Zalando operates in 15 countries. The core of our business is to be cutting edge in each and every of our fundamental pillars: fashion, internet technology and logistics. Zalando SE, which is based in Berlin, operates the international business and takes care of our business development, comprising of management, marketing, IT and administration.
The Commercial Planning and Strategy Team is part of the Markets Department, a cross-functional unit that connects all commercial functions to execute global strategies on a country level. The team is specifically responsible for planning and monitoring the sales development of the Zalando shops and analyzing the impact of commercial levers on business performance. In doing so, our goal is to provide the organization with insights and recommendations for optimal commercial steering.
- You work closely with the Country Head of Zalando Switzerland and Austria as part of the management team and support her/him in strategic topics and day-to-day business steering
- You are responsible for the business case planning and the local P&L of the Swiss and Austrian market. This also includes operational, marketing, pricing and CRM aspects of our business
- You closely monitor the business performance in your market, point out deviations and derive recommendations to close performance gaps. You are also responsible for weekly operational capacity planning and steering
- You support the Country Head in the definition of a long-term strategy through your analytical approach and your knowledge of the customer and the market
- You are the go-to person for analytical questions with significant commercial impact on our business and derive actionable insights through in-depth analysis
- You lead cross-functional projects with commercial relevance in your market and interact with Marketing, Operations, Onsite Management and other functions on a daily level
- You support the Country Head with the preparation of board presentations, ad hoc analysis, and recommendations to achieve specific country objectives
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- You hold a Master or MBA degree in Economics, Business Administration, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent, and you have a strong academic record and/or references
- You have a strong commercial understanding and excellent analytical skills
- You have solid relevant work experience in related fields with a proven track record
- You like taking on responsibility: you are self-driven, results-oriented, and enjoy working independently. You are also able to take initiatives to improve decision making and drive the business
- You have good communication skills and are able to drive projects with different teams across the organization
- You have strong skills in Excel and PowerPoint; knowledge of VBA and statistics software is a plus
- You are business-fluent in English and German both written and orally
Our recipe for success: think big and act fast. Your work today will affect millions of customers tomorrow. At Zalando, you’ll have the chance to help develop the world’s best online fashion experience in a rapidly growing, international company!
WANT TO JOIN US?
- Zalando offers you a fast moving and agile working environment where you’ll never face boredom
- A highly motivated international team of colleagues who will both inspire and support you
- Training and further development opportunities to expand your skills and help you on your way
- Our corporate culture allows us to make judgments based on your work results, not on the way you look – our motto: wear sneakers, not ties
- Attractive employee discounts in our online shop
Then we'd be more than happy to receive your application! Any further queries? Please do not hesitate to contact Jacky Špalek via firstname.lastname@example.org.