Internship - Energy Access Assessment in Bangladesh
Fri, 13 Jan 2017 07:00:43 GMT
MicroEnergy International (MEI) is an internationally active consulting company with headquarter in Berlin, Germany. MEI works with financial institutions, energy product & service providers, international development actors and with policy makers in order to set up sustainable clean energy finance schemes. In this framework, MEI takes care of the overall project management (from planning through implementation to evaluation), thereby designing, evaluating and optimizing energy products and services, and ensuring that financial instruments are tailored to the needs of the business sector and end-users. MEI finally strengthens its activities through scientific quality management, in partnership with research institutions worldwide, and offers a variety of training opportunities.
For more information, please visit our website at www.microenergy-international.com
Microenergy International offers a 6 month internship position as research assistant to support the consulting team in implementing an assignment aiming to evaluate and standardize the energy access metrics applied in Bangladesh.
This is a great opportunity to get first-hand experiences in the application of techniques and indicators to assess the energy profile of households, businesses and community institutions, as well as acquiring new knowledge about microfinance and renewable energies programmes. The intern will work in a young and dynamic environment, with an international and multidisciplinary team.
The research assistant will be mainly involved in the following activities:
- Desk support to the consultant team, including but not limited to research, report writing, field missions' backstopping
- Survey development and data analysis
- Development of training content on survey conduction, software usage and data processing
- Fundraising and new project development (e.g. developing proposals for tenders)
- Student who needs to do an obligatory internship as part of his/her studies
- Educational background in statistics, economics, econometrics, sustainable development
- Professional working knowledge of English (written and verbal) is a must; knowledge of other languages will be seen as an advantage
- Strong quantitative skills, especially in both descriptive and inferential analysis
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel); good knowledge of statistical software, such as R, Stata, etc.
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience in evaluation of electrification programmes
- Team player with proactive attitude to tasks and responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast moving environment with changing needs and tight deadlines
As soon as possible
Please make sure to upload CV and Motivation letter under link indicated below.