Mon, 19 Dec 2016 13:26:07 GMT
Zattoo is searching for a highly motivated Android Developer with a proven track record in Android
development to add to our world class development team. You’ll play a key role in creating and developing
Zattoo’s mobile experience and can also contribute in areas such as tablet optimization or video streaming.
Zattoo’s mobile apps for iOS, Android and Windows Phone are installed on millions of devices. We were among
the first to bring Live and Catchup TV to these platforms without requiring additional hardware. In addition to
mobile, we put a strong focus on new Android based big screen platforms such as Android TV and Amazon Fire
TV. Zattoo is also amongst the first to provide Linear TV on those platforms and we see big potential in building
and improving great applications in this new field.
We’re looking for someone who wants to push the borders of what’s possible on these platforms. You’ll help us
make the Zattoo mobile apps even better, whether it’s implementing new features, improving performance or
making sure the user interface is top notch.
You will find Zattoo to be a comfortable place to work at with our flat hierarchies, pragmatic decision making,
fast approval paths and willingness to take risks. Most importantly, you’ll be surrounded by colleagues who’ll
share your commitment to building world class products and work directly with partners like Google and
Amazon to build the next generation TV experience.
• Develop and maintain our Android applications that have more than a million active installations
• Work directly with other developers, designers, QA and product managers to conceptualize, build, test
and release applications
• Gather requirements around functionality and translate those requirements into elegant functional
• Implement compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences and optimize performance for
• Contribute to developing the concept for the next generation TV experience by providing input to
product owners and designers about Android features and patterns
• Experience in Android application development with very good understanding of the Android build
system and application framework (e.g. app components like Fragments, Services, Loaders and Content
Providers, Cursors, Recycler Views, etc.)
• Outstanding software development talent proven by great work results/experience and/or interesting
• Fluent in writing well documented code
• Knowledge of software architecture and design patterns
• Knowledge of Agile software development frameworks (scrum, kanban, etc)
• Comfortable working with remote colleagues, multidisciplinary teams and external partners
• Fluent verbal and written English language skills
• Open minded, outgoing, self-confident and positive personality
• Passionate about new technologies
Nice to Have Qualifications
• An BS/MS degree in computer science or similar discipline
• Knowledge of
• TV app development (Android TV and/or Fire TV)
• Cast API
• Adaptive video streaming on Android (e.g. HLS, DASH or Smooth)
• Automated testing on Android (Unit Testing, Acceptance/UI Testing)
• Continuous integration systems
• Google Android APIs (Play services, login, in-app-billing, analytics)
• Amazon Fire TV APIs (Login, in-app-purchases)
• Dependency Injection
• Third party libraries: retrofit 2, dagger, fresco, okhttp, butterknife, etc.
Berlin, Germany. Some travel may be required.
If you are interested, please contact me directly, email@example.com. Applications may be submitted in
English and/or German (English is preferred). Please include your earliest start date and salary expectation.