Thu, 12 Jan 2017 16:42:10 GMT
Lionbridge are now looking for an experienced Technical Author based in Germany, around the Friedrichshafen and Ausburg areas. This role can be office or home-based in Germany, but if home-based, there will be a requirement to travel to our customer site, as and when required.
- The Technical Author will be accountable for delivering the product to set timeframes, whilst ensuring the quality of Authored tasks meet the set specification and standards.
- They will ensure customer satisfaction by achieving high standards of consistency and accuracy of tasks authored.
- They will drive a culture to enable authors to deliver right first time documents and illustrations. They will consistently strive to improve delivery standards and exceed customer expectations
- They are expected to have the ability to Author complex tasks, when they arise, to strict quality standards and stringent delivery dates.
- They are required to work on task definition activities, to enable production by other authors, in order to meet the customer KPIs.
- Compliance: Ensures Lionbridge Authoring processes are followed.
- Definition: Assesses new Tasks ensuring source data is robust so that work can start immediately or highlights data quality issues as per defined process.
- Creation: Authoring of new and revised technical documentation, compliant with data creation process, guidelines, style guides and best practice
- Culture: Delivery of 'Right First Time' ethos
- Process Improvement: Drives continuous improvements in processes and efficiency. Works with stakeholders internally to share best practice; ensuring creation of supporting documentation, guides and training logs.
- People: Works with Production team, Team Lead and Training Manager to consistently maintain and improve knowledge, performance and highlights any concerns to Team Lead.
- Maintains processes and quality levels in line with contractual and ISO Standards.
- Ensures continued development to meet individual objectives.
- Works with Line Manager to ensure personal development to meet individual objectives. Monitors and controls Authored task quality and the delivery of projects and highlights risks.
- Supports the achievement of Project Milestones and looks for opportunities to improve productivity and reduce costs
- Technical Authoring competence, preferably gained in a Technical Documentation environment or within the Engineering and Power industries.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be familiar with email and internet communications.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, in both German and English
- Good at working with stakeholders and handling conflict resolution.
- Is adaptable and has a proactive approach to work.
- Must be resourceful, confident and take initiative.
- Attention to Detail
- Customer Service Focus
- Quality Assurance
- Planning & Organising
- Team Work
This document describes the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described. It is a standard description and therefore neither can the percentage of time devoted to the various tasks nor the required qualifications be guaranteed to match those of any given incumbent.