Software Engineer - Engineering Productivity
Mon, 16 Jan 2017 06:45:06 GMT
Zalando is transforming from Europe’s leading e-commerce company into a multi-service platform for fashion. From logistics, to big brands, to manufactures - we’re building the platform that connects all people and parts of the fashion ecosystem. We live
. With the set of principles that we give our teams - Autonomy, Mastery, Purpose - we entrust them to shape the future of Zalando.
Our Engineering Productivity teams ensure Zalando’s success by partnering up with other engineers to develop scalable tools and infrastructure to release their own software quickly and autonomously. Software Engineers work closely with teams to choose and implement the best testing solutions for their products. In addition, we design and build our own tools and extend them according to our needs.
- You are an engineer that sees testing as part of the development cycle, and not just a necessary process
- You build software that empowers engineering teams to develop and deliver high quality products quickly
- You are familiar with the usual tools of the complete software lifecycle (e.g. Jira, Jenkins, JUnit, WebDriver)
- You have applied knowledge of professional software engineering practices (coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes)
- You have strong collaboration and communication skills
If you have a passion for greenfield projects, and an interest in implementing completely new and scalable solutions, join us as an Software Engineer with expertise in one of the following areas:
Software Engineer (Backend)
Software Engineer (Frontend)
- +5 years of experience in software development in Java
- Excellent understanding of API products, including details of REST, HTTP, CORS, SSL, etc.
- Experience with Cloud/Linux systems
- Experience with Docker
Software Engineer (Android Apps)
- Experience with modern frameworks (Angular) and libraries (React or JQuery)
- Hands-on experience with web testing tools and frameworks (Selenium)
- Excellent coding skills in Java
- Deep technical understanding of Android mobile development
- Hands-on experience with different Android testing frameworks
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Build advanced testing frameworks and tools to enable our software development teams to build world-class software by:
- Developing scalable tools and infrastructure that help engineers develop, test, debug and release software
- Designing and building advanced automated testing frameworks.
- Driving adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with and influence others to improve the overall design.
- Develop a close working relationship with autonomous development teams to consult them on optimizing the testing process
- Co-work with our Test Infrastructure Team to optimize test environments
of trust and empowerment, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, +70 internal technical and fun guilds, tech talks, product demos, Coderdojos, parties & events.
including Competitive salary, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, public transport discounts, relocation assistance for internationals, free drinks & fruits, hardware of your choice.
of your own Tour of Mastery, extensive onboarding, personal branding support, opportunity to attend and speak at conferences.
of self-organized, autonomous teams and flexible working hours.
Want to join us? Let us know which area of engineering interests you (Frontend, Backend, Android) and go ahead and apply!
If you need guidance or have any questions about our hiring processes, please contact recruiter