(Junior) Quantitative Risk Manager (m/f)
Tue, 10 Jan 2017 18:25:52 GMT
Thanks to our eCommerce expertise and can-do spirit, we’ve become one of Europe’s most favorable online shopping destinations in only a few short years. Today, Zalando operates in 15 countries. The core of our business is to be cutting edge in each and every of our fundamental pillars: fashion, internet technology and logistics. Zalando SE, which is based in Berlin, operates the international business and takes care of our business development, comprising of management, marketing, IT and administration.
There's no stopping us growing and we are looking for you to join our team – to start immediately, in a permanent role and at our beautiful location Berlin Charlottenstraße.
As a (Junior) Quantitative Risk Manager (m/f) within our Fin Tech-subsidiary Zalando Payments SE & Co. KG you will realize projects that contribute significantly to the introduction of a firm-wide management and monitoring system for financial risk. In particular, you will shape and innovate the way we model and simulate the financial risk between our consumers and Zalando.
You improve risk models and methodologies and set standards in our newly established Risk & Portfolio Management Team as well as realize projects to promote a robust risk management system and work closely together with our Technology, Commercial and Operations teams.
- You contribute to the development, implementation and validation of a firm-wide risk management and monitoring/reporting architecture.
- You are responsible for the continuous enhancement and efficiency improvement of risk-related systems.
- You perform independent validation of risk models with respect to underlying assumptions, associated limitations and performance issues in order to comply with business and regulatory needs.
- You will be responsible for furnishing the necessary risk-relevant information and support the documentation of specifications and processes.
- You routinely monitor and assess market trends and regulatory developments and inform key stakeholders of developments and their impact on the firm to determine appropriate actions.
- You support the preparation of presentations and risk reports for the attention of senior management and supervisory authorities.
- You will assist other team members in the daily project work.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- You're proud of an excellent university education in (economic) mathematics, (economic) information technology, business administration or comparable interdisciplinary subject.
- You've already gained first experiences in risk analysis and/or data analytics/science in the area of risk and/or portfolio management.
- You are a great analytical and conceptual thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- You are characterized by a quick perception, a high degree of process understanding and a structured, exact and target-oriented working method.
- You have a good understanding of quantitative finance, in particular statistical analyses, validation and modelling.
- You are interested in Fin Tech topics and you have gained first-hand knowledge in eCommerce
- Relevant experience in project management is a plus, preferably in connection with the development and/or extension of the risk infrastructure.
- Your hands-on mentality distinguishes your working style - on the one hand you can easily think strategically and patterned simultaneously but also you are willing to tackle all necessary tasks in the area of Risk & Portfolio Management energetically.
- You take MS Office in your stride and you're an expert in R and you are very familiar with SQL (or other programming languages); ideally you already gained first experiences with SAP financial products or similar software.
- As a part of an international team daily correspondence and negotiations in German and English are familiar territory for you.
Our recipe for success: think big and act fast. Your work today will affect millions of customers tomorrow. At Zalando, you’ll have the chance to help develop the world’s best online fashion experience in a rapidly growing, international company!
WANT TO JOIN US?
- Zalando offers you a fast moving and agile working environment where you’ll never face boredom
- A highly motivated international team of colleagues who will both inspire and support you
- Training and further development opportunities to expand your skills and help you on your way
- Our corporate culture allows us to make judgments based on your work results, not on the way you look – our motto: wear sneakers, not ties
- Attractive employee discounts in our online shop
Then we'd be more than happy to receive your application!
Any further queries? Please do not hesitate to contact Jacky Špalek via email@example.com.