Internship: Research methods for human-centred design of solutions addressing energy poverty
Sun, 08 Jan 2017 06:44:00 GMT
MicroEnergy International (MEI) is an internationally active consulting company with headquarter in Berlin, Germany. MEI works with financial institutions, energy product & service providers, international development actors and with policy makers in order to set up sustainable clean energy finance schemes. In this framework, MEI takes care of the overall project management (from planning through implementation to evaluation), thereby designing, evaluating and optimizing energy products and services, and ensuring that financial instruments are tailored to the needs of the business sector and end-users. MEI finally strengthens its activities through scientific quality management, in partnership with research institutions worldwide, and offers a variety of training opportunities. For more information, please visit our website at www.microenergy-international.com
Microenergy International (MEI) is looking for an intern to support the various project teams in designing and selecting the best fitting methodologies for different consultancy assignments, including a green microfinance project in Cambodia and an appraisal of energy access metrics applied in Bangladesh. This is a great opportunity to get first-hand experience in a variety of different assignments and participate in the design of surveys and data analysis, as well as developing human-centred and innovative solutions to address energy poverty. In addition, the intern will contribute to the design of training and workshop modules on decentralized renewable energy systems and microfinance schemes. At MEI you will find a young and dynamic environment with an international and multidisciplinary team.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support ME project teams in methodologies and methods design, including a demand analysis for a green microfinance project in Cambodia as well as an assessment of energy access metrics in Bangladesh.
- Enable the sharing between project teams of lessons learned from different projects in the field of energy and financial inclusion
- Support the operational and strategic development of the company
- Provide desk support, including literature screening, market research and reports writing
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned, incl. fundraising
- Student who needs to do an obligatory internship as part of his/her studies. A declaration from the University is required and best submitted with all initial application documents.
- Educational background in business and management, statistics, economics, sustainable development, engineering
- Interest and/or experience in working in the field of clean energy promotion in developing and transitional economies
- Professional working knowledge of English (written and verbal) is a must; knowledge of other languages will be seen as an advantage
- Highly developed qualitative and quantitative research skills
- Logical and structured thinker with demonstrated interest and/or experience in methodology and methods design and implementation for research and/or practical assignments
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel); knowledge of other softwares (e.g. Stata, GIS) will be seen as a strong advantage
- Team player with strong communication and intercultural skills and proactive attitude to tasks and responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast moving environment with changing needs and deadlines
As soon as possible
At minimum, please attach your CV, motivation letter, and confirmation (e.g .signed official letter from your university or safe-produced letter with explicit confirmation) that you do need to do an obligatory internship as part of your studies.