Head of Data Analytics
Wed, 11 Jan 2017 20:29:45 GMT
Head of Data Analytics
GetYourGuide is busy revolutionizing the tours and activities space, fundamentally changing how people discover and book things to do at their destination. We come to work everyday because we are passionate about turning our customers’ trips into amazing experiences.
Data is the lifeblood of our growing business. It drives our decision-making on a daily basis and keeps the organization focused on the biggest and most fundamental opportunities for our customers. We're looking for a Head of Data Analytics to lead a team of initially 4 analysts and push the envelope in understanding our customers, improve our product and drive growth.
As the head of Data Analytics, you will lead the delivery of actionable insights, reports, metrics and dashboards, in collaboration with our product, marketing, sales, finance and operation teams. You will have a large impact by establishing a strong analytics team and the practice of transforming data into actionable insights. You will lead the team, perform hands-on work on strategic projects and coach analysts to achieve the highest quality technical work.
- Lead and grow a team of talented data analysts, hiring the best talent and organizing the team to deliver insights, reports, metrics and dashboards
- Establish analytics standards, driving the quality of our data and insights forward
- Collaborate with our Data Platform team on solutions and tools for reporting and large-scale analytics
- Initiate and deliver strategic analytics projects (e.g. marketing attribution, segmentation, forecasting)
- Evolve our standard for reports and insights, and work together with mission teams on insight-driven decision making
A few things you might have that we like
- 5+ years of hands-on work in analytics, with a track record of driving analysis towards business and product decisions
- Experience managing, hiring, organizing and mentoring a team of individuals
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with business and functional leaders
- Proficiency in SQL and experience executing analysis using tools such as SQL, R, Python, SAS or SPSS
- Good proficiency working with A/B testing, generating insights and metrics to drive the customer understanding and product development
- Proficient analyzing large data sets with big data tools such as Spark, Hive or Hadoop
- Desire to work in an international environment, with minimal direction and with highly engaged individuals
More reasons to join us
- Experience with creating forecasts, driving business planning and budgeting
- Experience with reporting solutions (Pentaho, Looker)
- Experience with marketing analytics, SEM and Google Adwords concepts
- We are headquartered in Berlin !
- Virtual stock options that make you an integral part of the company’s growth and success
- GetYourGuide tour and activity vouchers to live the life of our customers by experiencing our products for yourself
- International team with people from over 45 nationalities, we speak english but also provide german lessons
- Relocation Assistance and a great People team that has all the insights to German bureaucracy
- Quarterly Hackathons, weekly tech talks and a training budget to sharpen your skills even more
- … and of course free breakfast as well as pizza and beer happy hour on Friday
Do you have the skills for the job, the enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We’re looking forward to hearing from you! Be sure to get recruitment tips and check out life as an Engineer at GetYourGuide on our blog. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com .