Senior Manager Ethical Trade
Wed, 21 Dec 2016 14:25:46 GMT
70k Euro + excellent package + relocation
Our client – a fashion subsidiary of an international online fashion retailer is looking for an experienced Senior Manager Ethical Trade.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
The successful candidate will need:
- Responsibility for the Ethical Trade programme development and implementation and lead multiple Ethical Trade and Environment projects.
- To lead a team of 2-4 staff and report to the Team Lead of Sustainability.
- To develop strong co-operative relationships with @source teams, CSR, internal and external stakeholders.
- To ensure that the supply chain is monitored and evaluated, providing continuous status reporting to the Team Lead of Sustainability and @source teams, and providing clear regular overviews to vendors of their compliance status and corrective action plan.
- To develop the Ethical Trade strategy, and build robust and relevant sustainable initiatives to address key challenges, leveraging co-operation from all stakeholders and delivering to deadlines.
- Further development of the Ethical Trade systems database, tools, manuals and processes to meet business demand.
- To handle crisis communications, plan investigations and resolve challenges successfully in a timely and sensitive manner.
- To engage with key stakeholders, designing and delivering relevant communications and training.
- To contribute to external annual reports, press and media releases with the CSR and communications team.
- To be willing to travel to source and vendor locations as part of the role.
- A degree in technical production, CSR or a relevant subject matter.
- Robust experience in ethical trading strategy and factory ethical trade compliance program management, with footwear, apparel and/or accessories brands or retailers, or with industry bodies overseeing audit quality, with experience in environmental management.
- An established network of experts and have a working knowledge of international best practice standards.
- A practical approach plus the ability to translate expert supply chain knowledge into action plans for the organization.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to create positive outcomes with multiple groups.
- Experience of training and mentoring staff and overseeing career development.
- Proven leadership experience and very good interpersonal skills.
- The ability to develop strategic direction and problem solve to resolve supply chain challenges.
- Personal integrity and professional conduct that reflects the company’s Code of Conduct.
For more information about our current job opportunities please contact us on 0845 226 8323. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.