QA Analyst (m/f)
Thu, 22 Dec 2016 06:20:29 GMT
Springer Nature is a major new force in scientific, scholarly, professional and educational publishing. By using its combined expertise, scale and the reach of our brands, the company aims to grow and innovate in order to better serve academic researchers, students, teachers, institutions, professionals and the wider public, by helping them discover more. Springer Nature was created through the combination of Nature Publishing Group, Palgrave Macmillan, Macmillan Education and Springer Science+Business Media in May 2015. This strategic merger brought together these dynamic publishing houses with more than 150 years of history behind them, as well as complementary geographic footprints and brand portfolios, a track record of creativity and innovation, and a shared vision to advance knowledge and learning around the world. The company numbers almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries and has a turnover of EURO 1.5 billion.
Springer Nature is seeking talented QA Analysts to join the Digital Systems group within our scientific & scholarly publishing business. These people will join teams responsible for building the next generation of applications used across many parts of our business, including identity management and digital publishing platforms.
You love testing. You can demonstrate a number of years’ experience testing complex web applications on teams that build software collaboratively. You have a strong test mind-set, are context-driven, and have the courage to question what others might unwittingly take as tacit assumptions. You have the technical skills to automate tests, the communication skills to collaborate with your team, and the creative hands-on exploratory testing skills to ensure that the whole system is exercised.
You believe that quality is a team responsibility and not just the QA
You’re used to working in iterative, collaborative agile development environments and know exactly how you fit into that kind of team. You spend the time to build good relationships, especially with developers and Product Owners. You take an active part in team discussions and ceremonies, as well as the broader company community. You also like to get your head down and focus on the nitty-gritty detail of the system in front of you.
Your goal is delivery. Writing comprehensive automated tests is great, but you know that eliciting a clear set of robust requirements and acceptance criteria up-front is vital to your team’s success. To that end, you set high value on the “Three Amigos” conversation. You've experienced the pain of troubleshooting automated tests for applications in production and know the impact that not building things right first time has on customers, end-users, and the business.
To succeed you will need to demonstrate:
Desirable skills and experience you may also be able to bring to the role include:
- Extensive recent experience testing complex web applications
- Proven track record in creating automated tests against user interfaces and APIs
- Competence with Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber JVM, RESTAssured or other relevant tools
- Experience of agile delivery using Scrum/Kanban, on a team using BDD or TDD, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills since you will be collaborating with different disciplines since inception up to deployment (BA/PM/PO/UX/DEV)
- Performance testing with tools such as Gatling and JMeter
- Security testing against the OWASP Top Ten using tools such as Qualys, BDD-Security or Gauntlt
- Proven participation in the wider testing community
- Keen exploratory testing skills
Working Hours: Full-time
Company and Location: Springer Science + Business Media Deutschland GmbH, Berlin
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Varied and interesting tasks
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies
- A good work life balance with fair working hours + a generous and flexible vacation package
- Discounted public transport
- Discounted book prices
- An excellent on-site cafeteria
Excited by the prospect of joining us? We are looking forward to your online application. Please upload a CV and cover letter, including your salary expectations and current notice period.
To find out more information about our organization please take a look at