Junior Digital Graphic Designer
Fri, 06 Jan 2017 13:35:36 GMT
Zalando's success thus tells the story of our exceptional team and our efforts. We are always happy to welcome new colleagues who join us in creating the world's best online fashion experience.
Thanks to our eCommerce expertise and can-do spirit we've become one of Europe's most favorable online shopping destinations in only a few short years. Today, Zalando Operates in 15 countries. The core of our business is to be cutting edge in each and every of our fundamental pillars: fashion, internet technology and logistics. Zalando SE, All which is based in Berlin, Operates the international business and takes care of our business development, Comprising of management, marketing, IT and administration.
Zalando is seeking
a Junior Designer
with digital expertise to join our Berlin based Creative Department. We are looking for designers with a wide knowledge of grid / layouts, wireframes, cross-device viewability, and master-classes. At Zalando all Designers participate in ideation, execution and delivery of campaigns and projects. All designers must be technically savvy as well as possess a level of visual sophistication. While content is dynamic, we are looking for designers with a clean, modern, and fresh aesthetic. The Designers will be responsible for creative lead of the assigned graphic projects, design consultancy for clients/partners and will work closely with Image, Content and Tech Dept to innovate our CRM, Content Marketing and Onsite Editorial channels.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You'll execute strategic / creative briefs
- You’ll be responsible for CRM, Onsite Editorial, Content Marketing identifying core campaign ideas for the channels
- You'll work in agile project teams and be able to work smoothly with other departments
- You'll adhere to production roadmaps and be responsible for daily deliverables (stand-ups, etc)
- You'll present visual concepts - verbally, through wireframes and / or occasionally through storyboards
- You'll partake in storytelling across multiple mediums and platforms- for digital touchpoints and across all devices
- You'll drive and support design initiatives through composition, styling and layouts within agile teams
- You'll adhere to and thread corporate identity Throughout all designs
- You'll execute strong graphic design for our ecommerce platform
- You'll challenge your own work and optimize and innovate design with every project
- You'll have a minimum of 1-2 years in a creative team (agency or design studio preferred)
- You'll impress us with your above average university degree in design or a related field
- Your superior proficiency in CS6 - In-Design, Photoshop, Illustrator will dazzle us
- You're a Cross Device Designer (desktop, mobile) and have knowledge of the Basic Principles of HTML
- You'll an expert in Visual Design wireframing and grids to full creative-skin
- You've previously supported responsive design and you understand UX Principles
- You've supported developers and have worked with tools such as style kits
- You understand color theory, layouts and visual Compositions
- You have good attention to detail with strong multi-tasking capability and solutions driven
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- You work well in a team environment
Boredom doesn't get a look in here! Zalando is a working environment where something new happens every day
- An international team of experts to inspire and support you
- A corporate culture where your skills are judged only by your results – our motto: Everyday is casual Friday!
- A feel-good team: We don't just work well together; we also like to get together after work
- A fulltime position, starting immediately
- Please apply by using the
Button which you can find above!
- Applications can be in either German or English
- We are open to receiving applications throughout our entire recruitment process. Therefore please feel free to apply through the
button whilst this job is advertised online
- Email applications will not be considered, however if you have any questions about this role please email